By taking advantage of smart technology and big data throughout the agri-food system in Guelph-Wellington, we’re aiming to drive significant innovation—giving businesses, residents, social innovators and collaborators the tools required to collectively create Our Food Future.
To do that, we need to:
- Create access to high-speed broadband in rural areas across Wellington County, enabling residents, farms and other businesses to take advantage of smart technologies and big data.
- Facilitate communication between Our Food Future collaborators, including the businesses and residents that drive the movement.
- Create a platform for data-sharing, collaboration and innovation that will:
- allow a broad range of stakeholders to identify problems and opportunities, see trends and measure progress,
- help governments, agencies and non-profit organizations develop better policies and programs,
- give entrepreneurs the insights they need to innovate circular food solutions, and
- help companies optimize their processes.
- Establish a Data Utility to govern data sharing across a network of collaborators, ensuring we protect privacy and serve the public good.