Across all the Our Food Future workstreams is a focus on leveraging data and technology to connect resources and work smarter. We need to break down data silos, implement pilots with sensors and IoT on local farms and factories, and work with passionate developers to build, prototype and scale solutions that can help everyone realize the optimal value from our collective food resources.
The Data and Technology team is leading and supporting a range of initiatives including:
- Launching a Data Hub site to share useful open data sets from our range of Our Food Future collaborators (hopefully very soon...).
- Working with collaborators to map assets, visualize flows and connect data dots.
- Exploring the creation of a Guelph-Wellington Civic Data Utility as a trusted 3rd party data intermediary to support data collaboration across the public and private sectors
- Supporting connected farm initiatives across Wellington County.
- Supporting technology-based challenges to help develop and test new technologies to facilitate the circular food economy.
If you're passionate about data and technology for good, and you want to learn about or get involved in some cool food related projects, please join this group.
Introduce yourself in the stream and share any good ideas for how we can use technology to transform our food system.